Commercial Navigation Systems
Find out more about the VisionMaster FT Radar for uncluttered radar image.
Read more >
Northrop Grumman Sperry Marine is a world leading engineering and electronics company specialising in the design, manufacture, installation and servicing of navigation, radar and controls systems for ships and submarines. With over 100 years of history and expertise in marine navigation, we have an extensive international presence and employ over 500 people worldwide. As well as serving the commercial fleets and cruise liners of internationally known customers, Northrop Grumman Sperry Marine is at the forefront of development work for navies across the world.
Reporting to the Head of Contracts, you'll lead the Trade Compliance Team & function to ensure worldwide company compliance with international trade compliance laws and regulations, including UK, EU, Asia and US (EAR / ITAR).
• Act as International Trade Compliance Official (ITCO) for NGSM, to include:
o Manage Export Licensing across NGSM global locations
o Prepare and coordinate Technical Assistance Agreements and Manufacturing License Agreements for US ITAR controlled products with US Export Management and manage those agreements over their duration
o Work with US Export Management on US license applications and manage licenses over their duration
o Manage commodity classification for NGSM products with the US Export Management and UK/EU authorities (EU Commercial, Dual-Use & Military and US EAR & ITAR)
o Review & approval of Export transactions
o Manage Denied Parties Screening
o Maintain compliance databases and reporting (internal and external)
o Manage the improvement and maintenance of NGSM International Trade Compliance procedures
o Coordinate and provide regular engaging training for NGSM staff on UK, EU and US export controls and general export compliance
o Ensure current knowledge of modified export control laws and regulations
o Communicate with internal and external customers regarding compliance matters
o Establish oversight of import requirements across NGSM Global sites and coordinate import operations alongside the ITCC & Logistics
o Manage corporate and division trade compliance processes within NGSM and conduct/ head stakeholder reviews where necessary
• Provide Management oversight and cover for the International Trade Compliance Co-ordinators .
• Support the Law Department in the investigation, disclosure and development of corrective actions to address potential export/import compliance concerns
• Coordinate participation and responses to any internal or external audits or assessments. Work with the Law Department and GTM trade controls team (Europe and/or US) to address concerns under local country or US or international trade controls
Required Skills & Experience:
• Excellent knowledge of UK, EU and US Export Laws and Regulations
• Ability to recognise requirements/ improvements, formulate solutions and drive through change in a rapidly evolving environment
• Understanding in commercial trade terms & conditions
• Ability to make import and export jurisdiction & classification assessments for services, software, technology and products
• Experience working with engineers and technical staff
• Ability to work with minimal supervision in cross-department and global environment
• Ability to explain complex export requirements to all levels of the organisation in a meaningful way
• Good understanding, knowledge and ability to work with MS Office programs (MS Word, Excel etc)
• Ability to interface with Government agencies
• Experience with Export Licensing Process (UK, EU and US)
• Ability to develop and manage processes and procedures
• Ability to collect and analyse export data
• On occasion, willingness to travel internationally
• English language (spoken and written form)
• Ability to lead and direct one staff member
Interested in applying?