Commercial Navigation Systems
Find out more about the VisionMaster FT Radar for uncluttered radar image.
Read more >
Please note for this role we can only consider British Passport Holders, as SC security clearance is required.
We are looking for an enthusiastic and motivated Systems V&V Engineer to help drive our Defence Programme Testing. Working on various projects the role will be mainly focused on providing specification, conduct and report of Verification & Validation activities.
To get you up to speed you’ll need to spend some time during the week, at our Head Office in New Malden, approx. 6 months, where you'll receive extensive training on our products.
The ideal candidate will be:
•experienced in developing, and carrying out testing on complex systems comprising software and hardware
•hands on tester who is at ease setting up both hardware and software test environments
•results orientated, understand how they can help deliver to schedule and budget
•Help drive continuous improvement of our Test process’ and procedures
•Design and document appropriate testing for both manual and automated testing
•Carry out Integration, verification and Validation testing
•Develop and run automated test scripts
•Carry out investigation of defects and to provide feedback to the development team using our defect tracking tool
• Occasional travel within the UK
Required skills & Experience:
• Degree, HND, HNC or equivalent in Electrical/Electronic engineering or a related discipline e.g. control engineering, systems engineering
• Work within a team environment, as well as independently.
• Software testing of complex PLC based systems
• Fault diagnostics
• Planning & conducting hardware qualification tests
• Experience of Verification & Validation activities within Systems Engineering lifecycle
• Technical documentation, produced a high standard
• Test specification development
• Be a self-starter to execute a variety of project functions efficiently and professionally
• Ship’s Machinery Control & Platform Management Systems experience
• Commercial or Military Marine Engineering
• Siemens – Step 7, S7-300 & 400
• PLC Code Development
• HMI /SCADA Software Development and Human Factors Engineering
• Software Configuration Control
• Understanding of PC Hardware and PLC Hardware, Ethernet Networks
• Conducting and reporting Factory Acceptance Testing
• Understanding of Functional Safety (IEC 61508 - SIL)
• Presentation Skills
• MS Access, Excel, Word, Visio
As well as a competitive salary, we also offer a flexible benefits package including, flexible working, private healthcare and pension.
Interested in applying?