Commercial Navigation Systems
Find out more about the VisionMaster FT Radar for uncluttered radar image.
Read more >
The Platform and Network Analyst is to provide 2nd / 3rd line helpdesk support and administration across the Northrop Grumman Sperry Marines global infrastructure. As an active member of the global helpdesk team, support the Northrop Grumman Sperry Marines client base, engaging and actively contributing to ensure internal customers have the capabilities to undertake their duties.
The role is a technical support role, ensuring the company’s IT systems are monitored and maintained with minimum time taken to repair or replace. This support is vital to the ongoing operational efficiency of the company.
• Work as team player within the Northrop Grumman Sperry Marine (NGSM) IT global helpdesk and act as 2nd line / 3rd line support resolving IT issues over the telephone, face-to-face and via e-mail providing direct support to staff and, where requested and agreed, participate in out-of-hours support, be part of a weekend working rota, maintenance and upgrade activities.
• Primary focus of this role is to handle escalations from the helpdesk team, manage the infrastructure on a day to day basis and to escalate upwards any relevant concerns or queries to the technology leads.
• Tasks including but not limited to manage and support the following:
o PC Hardware and Windows operating systems
o Deployment and configuration of PCs, peripherals and applications in accordance with agreed NGSM IT standards
o Printing and related issues
o Microsoft Exchange and email filtering or gateway technologies
o Windows Active Directory user and group administration
o Workspace One UEM (AirWatch) MDM and Samsung Phone administration
o Cisco and Checkpoint Network and Voice equipment
o Load balancer and web proxy technologies
o Data storage backup and redundancy.
• Development and maintenance of IT department documentation and databases to meet relevant ISO and NGC requirements
• Create, maintain and publish relevant support documentation in order to assist all staff in the quick resolution of their incidents and enable users to become more self-sufficient
• Work with helpdesk team members providing guidance and assistance with technical tasks, capturing gaps in knowledge and identifying inconsistences within the team
• Undertake monitoring of relevant systems in accordance with authorised schedules. Record, remedy or escalate faults where appropriate.
• Be able to travel to any of the NGSM worldwide sites (if required), for support and other related business tasks.
• Windows Active Directory
• Microsoft Exchange Systems
• Cisco Voice and Networking Technologies
• Microsoft Windows OS
• Microsoft DPM
• Dell laptop and desktop hardware
• 2nd line, client facing support role
• Service desk and call logging systems
• Workspace One UEM (AirWatch) MDM Platform administration
• Security and other web based filtering technologies
• User training as and when needed
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
• Strong self-management skills
• Good writing and communication skills in the English Language
• Be able to explain complex information in simple, clear terms to both IT and non-IT personnel
• VMWare vCenter
• ESXi Hypervisor
• Microsoft System Centre
• Cisco ASA 5000 series
• Any formal industry recognised IT qualifications
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science/Engineering or related field. Equivalent education or experience will be considered.
• Knowledge of the marine navigation and services environment would be an advantage
Interested in applying?