Please note that this position requires security clearance and this can only be obtained if you are a British Passport holder and resided in the UK for at least 5 years without any significant periods of time spent outside the UK.
In this role you’ll be working on our Integrated Platform Management Systems (IPMS) for the UK MOD Programmes. Managing a small team, the successful candidate will support all the Mechanical Design, Finite Element Analysis (FEA), Thermal Analysis (CFD) and sign off on Designs. You’ll also attend customer meetings and liaise with manufacturers and test houses.
• Provide Mechanical/Electro Mechanical Design Support to UK MOD IPMS Programmes.
• Look after a small team and assist them in the design process.
• Ensure the standard of design is maintained throughout the project duration.
• Report progress being made on allocated work to Project Managers.
• Assist in providing Development Estimates to Project Managers.
• Assist in the training of members of the team to benefit the department.
• Manage the performance and development of all staff who report in (applicable where job holder has line management responsibilities).
• Be aware of and comply with Company Standards of Conduct and all relevant statutory requirements.
TECHNICAL/JOB SPECIFIC SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
• Proficient in Creo 3.0 and PDM Link 11.0.
• Working Knowledge of Creo Simulate (FEA) and AutoDesk Simulation (CFD).
• Understands BS8888 and Geometrical Tolerancing.
• Good understanding of the Design Process.
• Competent to check and sign off drawings, documents and BOM’s.
• Be able to wrote Technical Documentation to meet Customer requirements.
• Understands Manufacturing processes and techniques.
• Knowledge of how MOD Programmes are run and level of documentation required.
• Understand test methods for Shock, Vibration, Ingress, Environmental (Hot, Cold & Humidity), EMC.
• Degree (BSc) in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent experience, e.g. an approved Apprenticeship in Mechanical Engineering with extensive experience in a similar role.
• Management of a small team.
• Chartered Engineer status.
• Creo Simulate (FEA) training.
• AutoDesk Simulation (CFD) training.
• Working on MOD Programmes.
• Knowledge of IPMS (Integrated Platform Management Systems)and Commercial Radar.
Interested in applying? Please send your CV and a covering letter by clicking on the button below