Commercial Navigation Systems
Find out more about the VisionMaster FT Radar for uncluttered radar image.
Read more >
Please note that this position requires security clearance and this can only be obtained if you are a British Passport holder and resided in the UK for at least 5 years without any significant periods of time spent outside the UK.
Northrop Grumman Sperry Marine is looking to hire a Head of Contracts to oversee the global contracts, trade compliance and export management teams to support, winning profitable business, managing contractual risk and opportunity, whilst ensuring strict compliance with internal governance and international trade regulations.
We have over a 100 years of history and expertise in navigation and are a major global provider of navigation solutions, including radars, compass systems, steering systems, speed logs, integrated bridge and control systems as well as providing 24/7 support to all of our customers.
• Manage and oversee the Commercial and Defence Contracts, trade compliance and Export management functions across the globe.
• Update, maintain and ensure company-wide compliance with procedures that underpin contracts, trade compliance management and export control.
• Support team members as a senior stakeholder in leading proposal preparation activities inc. T&C's, pricing structure & payment terms, flow-down of terms to suppliers, export control etc for all bids and proposals.
• Support team members undertaking contract review and drafting to ensure that contracts, including technical appendices, are clear and unambiguous.
• Undertake approval of proposals, contract awards and variations in accordance with corporate procedures and arrange Division and Sector reviews as needed.
• Work with other departments to support, complex customer and contract negotiations
• Support team members and business management to conduct Risk Assessments for strategic business efforts.
• Lead departmental involvement in workforce engagement and training initiatives.
• Manage the performance and development of all staff who report into the function.
• Engage with senior stakeholders to drive efficiency and continuous improvement within the department and wider organisation.
• Reporting key metrics to senior management to drive improvements within the business.
Technical/Job Specific Skills
• Very good understanding of international trade / business standards, commercial trade terms & conditions
• Understanding of international business law, mediation and arbitration proceedings,
• Ability to draft commercial contracts, agreements, terms & conditions and to negotiate such for the benefit of the company
• Basic knowledge and understanding of international Import & Export regulations from a US and EU perspective
• Management and leadership experience of a high performing team driving continuous improvement.
• Good understanding , knowledge and ability to work with MS Office programs (MS Word, Excel etc)
• Excellent written and oral communication skills in English
• Experience of dealing with UK Defence customers
• Management experience of an international team across different continents
• Previous export or trade compliance experience
Interested in applying?