Commercial Navigation Systems
Find out more about the VisionMaster FT Radar for uncluttered radar image.
Read more >
Please note, for this role we require UK Eyes Only Security Clearance - Sole British Passport holders only.
As Safety Engineer you’ll be joining the Control Systems group within the Engineering department, based at our offices in New Malden. The group, specifies, designs, implements, tests and delivers Platform Management Systems and other safety-related electronic maritime systems into the Defence marketplace. As the Safety Engineer your role is to carry out safety engineering analysis of control systems as part of an overall BS EN 61508 design safety process.
Key Responsibilities include:
• Carrying out functional safety activities with both internal and customer design teams
• Providing support to Engineering teams on safety-related design topics
• Working with the team to provide evidence for design safety assurance
• Carry out the responsibilities of a Safety Manager
• Produce technical documentation to a high standard in accordance with company/customer procedures
• To travel to customer and sub-contractor sites in the UK, occasionally overseas, as required.
Required skills & experience:
• Demonstrable experience of working in a safety-related engineering environment
• Ability to understand hardware and software failure modes, causes and effects
• Experience in some areas safety/reliability analysis techniques: hazard identification and analysis, FMECA, FTA, Reliability Block Diagrams
• Understanding of demonstration of compliance to international standards and client specifications
• Ability to relate to a multi-disciplinary team (e.g. systems, hardware, software and ILS engineers, project management, customer and supplier engineering teams)
• Degree, HND, HNC in Electrical/Electronic/Control/Software/Systems Engineering or related discipline
• UK Eyes Only Security Clearance required - Sole British Passport holders Only
• Familiarity with the formal safety requirements of BS EN 61508 and SIL analysis
• Experience of ship’s machinery control systems, Commercial or Military Maritime engineering
• Safety requirements capture and negotiation
• PLC Code Development to IEC61131 - Ladder and Function Block - Desirable
• HMI /SCADA Software Development and Human Factors Engineering
• Knowledge of formal Validation and Verification processes
• Integration, Test and Fault Diagnosis on complex PLC based systems
Interested in applying?