Commercial Navigation Systems
Find out more about the VisionMaster FT Radar for uncluttered radar image.
Read more >
Please note that this position requires security clearance and this can only be obtained if you are a British Passport holder and resided in the UK for at least 5 years without any significant periods of time spent outside the UK.
This position is part of the Control Systems group within the Engineering department based in New Malden. As a key member of the hardware and systems engineering team, this role is primarily to provide hardware integration and electrical design expertise to support the design and development of a new highly integrated platform management and machinery control system for maritime applications.
Key responsibilities include:
• Capture, interpret and develop customer requirements.
• Specify, design, and develop hardware solutions for distributed electronic control systems.
• Integrate off-the-shelf electrical and electronic equipment
• Demonstrate compliance to customer and regulatory requirements.
• Provide technical oversight of subcontractors
• Support the preparation of contract changes and proposals.
• Produce documentation in accordance with company/customer procedures.
• Be aware of and comply with company standards of conduct and all relevant statutory requirements.
• To travel to customer sites in the UK and overseas when required.
• To carry out any other reasonable management request.
• A degree, HND, HNC or equivalent in electrical/electronic engineering or a related discipline.
• Experienced in:
o Systems engineering, requirements capture and analysis.
o Design and integration of complex electrical/electronic systems and equipment.
o Specification and analysis of COTS components and subassemblies.
o System and/or hardware testing and verification.
o Demonstrating compliance to customer specifications and international standards.
o Using configuration management tools and processes.
• Understanding of:
o Digital control systems implemented using COTS and/or embedded hardware.
o Electronic interfaces, data bus communication protocols and networking standards.
o Environmental & EMC standards; e.g. Def Stan 00-35, Def Stan 59-411, MIL-STD-461 or similar.
o Electrical schematics.
o MTBF calculations, FMECAs, reliability block diagrams.
• Be a self-starter to execute a variety of project functions efficiently, professionally and on time.
• Be able to work within a multidisciplinary team environment.
• Good mathematical knowledge and analytical ability.
• Good technical writing skills.
• Strong IT skills, specifically with MS Office products.
• Industrial control systems, PLC, SCADA, networks and network topology.
• Ship’s machinery and control systems.
• Familiarity with electrical panel/enclosure design and power supply architectures.
• IEC 61508 Functional Safety, or equivalent.
• IBM DOORS.
• Experience within defence, maritime or a similarly regulated industrial sector.
• Supplier management.
Interested in applying?