Commercial Navigation Systems
Find out more about the VisionMaster FT Radar for uncluttered radar image.
Read more >
Are you an experienced Marine Service Engineer looking for a new challenge?
Based in Immingham you’ll install, commission, and repair our full range of commercial and naval products (UK, Worldwide, on-board vessels, customer premises and offshore installations). You’ll perform testing and acceptance during the commissioning phases of our defence programmes and provide technical support to both internal and external customers, ensuring our Service Organisation is at the forefront of people’s minds.
Key responsibilities include:
• Provide service in the UK and when required worldwide on board vessels fitted with Sperry and OEM partner products
• Install, integrate and test existing and new products in support of programme execution
• Conduct installation audits and generate installation audit reports for Customer acceptance
• Diagnose / fix issues on naval platform in-service support contracts
• Support Service Control and other engineers with technical issues
• Support the UK service representative network
• Regular travel within the UK, primarily using a company vehicle.
• As required, provide global technical support to customers and/or other engineers
• To create and communicate processes for any duty for which job holder is ensuring involvement from all
• Be available for reasonable amounts of out of hours service work, sometimes at short notice. Overtime is payable for this.
Skills & Experience:
• Demonstrable experience as a Marine Service Engineer
• Understanding of defence contracts
• Experience in a marine electronics environment
• Experience of practical fault-finding on complex equipment
• Customer facing experience
• PC configuration experience with networking and IT skills
• Radar experience
• Ability to work effectively on their own
• A flexible and motivated work ethic
• Ability to take the lead on projects, installations including planning and costing
• Good communication skills – confident manner and articulate
• Manual dexterity – ability to climb masts and work safely at height. Also able to work in enclosed spaces, sometimes with difficult access.
• Minimum HNC Electronics or equivalent
• Full UK Driving Licence
• British Passport holder as SC Clearance is required
• In depth knowledge of operation of marine radars, gyros, autopilot, automation, etc.
• Familiarity with BAAN or other ERP system
• Offshore Survival Certificate
• GMDSS GOC
Interested in applying?
Please send your CV and a covering letter by clicking on the button below