Commercial Navigation Systems
Find out more about the VisionMaster FT Radar for uncluttered radar image.
Read more >
We are seeking a Business Development & Logistic Support person to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals based in St.Rose, Louisiana.
You will provide internal support to the Sperry Marine US Logistics and America’s Business Development (BD) team in the St. Rose office. Your role as back-office support will assist the BD team to support customers with quick proposal turnaround and to generate new/more business. In addition, your knowledge of stock levels and status on the movement of goods worldwide will keep the customer confident in our delivery.
Working in Northrop Grumman Sperry Marine means making a direct contribution to mission critical projects that provides safe navigation systems to an array of commercial and naval customers worldwide.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Support the Commercial BD team in all aspects of their work, particularly when they are absent from the office.
• Build and maintain a close relationship with existing & new customers and help retain and develop their business
• Balance the demands of multiple priorities with both internal and external stakeholders
• Build good working relationships with internal and external company representatives
• Produce standard product sales quotations and assist the BD team with sales forecasts
• Assist the BD team with metrics for regular reporting and presentations to management
• Collaborate effectively with colleagues in and outside Commercial BD
• Create and communicate process for any duty for which job holder is ensuring involvement from all
• Track and assist with the movement of goods from the local office and other global offices
• Create and communicate process for any duty for which job holder is ensuring involvement in
• High School diploma and 6 yrs years additional education and/or experience
• Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
• Excellent English communication skills both verbal and written
• Able to work with internal and external stakeholders
• Willingness to work flexible hours
• Self-starter who can work on their own initiative
• Experience of working in busy environment with ability to plan and prioritize
• Associates Degree in Business Administration
• Experience of working with customer in the maritime environment
• Knowledge of Northrop Grumman Sperry Marine products and systems
• General knowledge of IMO (International Maritime Organization), USCG (United States Coast Guard) and Class authority regulations
Interested in applying?